Affording a Windward Education
As part of its mission, the School is committed to making a Windward education accessible for all who need it, and we hope that any student who needs Windward and fits the admissions criteria, applies.
- Each year, Windward provides more than $7M in tuition assistance.
- Around 18-20% of Windward families receive tuition assistance annually.
- The application for tuition assistance is 100% confidential and is independent from the admissions application.
- Tuition is awarded based solely on financial need of the family, not on academic performance or other merits.
Tuition for 2022-2023:
- How is tuition assistance awarded?
- Who may apply for tuition assistance?
- Does applying for tuition assistance influence the admission decision?
- How do I apply for tuition assistance?
- Do I have to apply for tuition assistance before I know my child has been admitted?
- How is financial need determined?
- Is tuition assistance automatically renewed each year?
- What happens if the parents/guardians are divorced or separated?
- What is the deadline for applying for tuition assistance?
- My spouse does not work. How will that affect my tuition assistance award?
- I never do my taxes until close to the April 15 deadline. How will this affect my tuition assistance award?
- When will I be notified of my award?
- Is it possible to appeal the tuition assistance allocation?
- Can I deduct tuition paid to The Windward School on my taxes?
For further assistance, please contact Dr. Erik Bennett, Tuition Assistance Director, at
(914) 949-6968 ext. 1271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.