Criteria for admissions to The Windward School are the following:
- Written diagnosis of a language-based learning disability
- Average to superior intellectual potential
- No behavioral or emotional problems that would interfere with the instructional program
Step 2. Submit the following forms to the admissions office:
- An application and release form by parent(s) or legal guardian, allowing The Windward School to communicate with professionals who have worked with the prospective student
- A completed psychoeducational evaluation including a WISC V with scaled scores, a WPPSI IV or Stanford Binet 5th edition (given within the past two years)
- Recent school reports (from parents’ files or current school)
- $50 non-refundable fee for processing the application
Step 3. After the application file is submitted with all of the above information, the Admissions Committee will review it.
Step 4. Some applicants will be invited to visit the School to attend classes and meet with a learning specialist. There is a $300 screening fee.
Step 5. The Admissions Committee will review the data within two weeks of the screening.
Step 6. Findings and recommendations are discussed at a parent/guardian conference.
- If admission is recommended, a contract is sent.
- If enrollment is not recommended, suggestions for other options are discussed at the parent/guardian conference.