Featured Research Publications
"A Cumulative Risk and Resilience Model of Dyslexia" by Hugh W. Catts and Yaacov Petscher
"Understanding Dyslexia in the Context of Developmental Language Disorders"
by Suzanne Adlof and Tiffany Hogan
"Brick by Brick: A Series of Landmark Studies Pointing to the Importance of Early Reading Intervention"
by Emily Solari, Colby Hall, and Anita McGinty
"The Simple View of Reading: Advancements and False Impressions"
by Hugh W. Catts
"When Kids Refuse to Go to School"
by Rachel Busman
"Early Identification of Dyslexia: Current Advancements and Future Directions"
by Hugh Catts and Yaacov Petscher
"The Neurobiology of Dyslexia"
by Devin Kearns, Roeland Hancock, Fumiko Hoeft, Kenneth Pugh, and Stephen Frost
"Statistical Learning: A Powerful Mechanism That Operates By Mere Exposure"
by Richard Aslin
Manuscript Submissions for The Beacon Now Open!
Every issue of The Beacon contains research papers and thought pieces that align with our mission to increase childhood literacy rates by disrupting the educational status quo. We invite educators and practitioners to contribute to future publications with their insight on how we can close the knowledge gap between proven research and current teaching practices.
Possible topics for consideration:
- Understanding language-based learning disabilities and reading disabilities
- Early screening and identification
- Supporting learners using evidence-based classroom interventions
- Cultivating a sense of belonging to support diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Addressing disparities in special education
- Identifying best practices of leadership for supporting teachers in their implementation of research-based instructional practices
Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org