- Reading and Language Skills
Orientation: Wednesday, June 28
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (asynchronous recording available)
Course: Monday – Thursday, July 10 – 13, July 17 – 20, July 24 – 27
Time: 8:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Instructor: Keri Levine, EdD
Grades: K – 5
Audience Code: E/ SoR
Registration closes: Wednesday, June 28, 2023.
Why this practicum:
Practicum experiences provide hands-on learning opportunities with immediate feedback in authentic settings. The Multisensory Reading Practicum is an opportunity to deliver PAF instruction on site in a Westchester public school under the mentorship of a master teacher and instructional coach with over 20 years of public school experience. During this unique professional development opportunity, participants apply the skills and concepts learned in Multisensory Reading Instruction: PAF I while providing high dose, evidence-based reading intervention in one-on-one and small group settings to students in grades K - 5.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Develop highly effective and prescriptive PAF lesson plans
- Utilize diagnostic, formative and summative assessments to enhance instruction
- Analyze students’ strengths and weaknesses to target individualized lessons
- Engage in opportunities for hands-on daily practice, instructor modeling, interactive coaching, and individualized feedback
- Gain a portfolio of model lesson plans and classroom materials
- Provide intensive intervention to students in need of reading support
Pre-requisite: Multisensory Reading Instruction: PAF I or similar coursework or instructional practices
Asynchronous recording of the orientation will be made available to all registrants.
Certificate of Completion for this 30-hour practicum will be provided to all participants.
- WI Virtual