Windward Current Families
Windward considers parents and guardians to be essential partners in fostering self-esteem and building effective coping skills. Therefore, a significant effort is made to work with parents and guardians in helping them understand and deal with their children’s learning difficulties. There are individual parent/teacher conferences as well as a variety of workshops, seminars, and lectures on issues related to learning disabilities.
The We-Blast and myWindward Portal
Every Wednesday that school is in session, The Windward School Communications Office sends a weekly email called the "We-Blast." This email contains information for all-school news and links to the divisional pages of the myWindward portal. Please refer to the We-Blast and to the portal for the latest information for the School and your student's division.
If you are not receiving the We-Blast, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Windward families are invited to myWindward at the beginning of August. If you are a returning family, and you are unable to access myWindward, please contact email@example.com.
- myWindward - Parent Portal
- Parent Seminars
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Popular Quicklinks
- Family Handbook
- Windward Parents Association (WPA)
myWindward, The Windward School's parent portal, is for current parents and guardians of Windward students. Parents are able to access and download the family directory, a full school calendar, and much more. Incoming parents for the next school year will be sent an invitation with their log-in information during the summer prior to the beginning of the school year. If you have misplaced your username or password, visit portal.thewindwardschool.org to request for it to be sent to your email on file with the School.
Parent Seminars are held every month beginning in September through the month of April (no seminar held in December). They are offered on the Westchester Middle School campus and the Manhattan campus. Current parents and guardians of Windward students are invited to come to the seminar that is most convenient for them. Please read the weekly We-Blast and visit myWindward to register for upcoming parent seminars.
Parent/Teacher conferences are held three times a year by each division. Parents have the opportunity to meet with their child's homeroom teacher, teacher team, and/or specialist teachers. Click here to read instructions on how to book an appointment and to signup.
- All-School Calendar: thewindwardschool.org/calendar
- Dress Code: thewindwardschool.org/dresscode
- Faculty & Staff Directory: portal.thewindwardschool.org/facultyandstaff
- Family Directory: portal.thewindwardschool.org/familydirectory
- Forms & Documents: portal.thewindwardschool.org/forms
- Handbook: please note this is currently being updated and will be available soon
- Lunch Menu: thewindwardschool.org/lunch (this site is managed and updated by Flik)
- Parent Seminar Signup: portal.thewindwardschool.org/parentseminars
- Parent Workshop Signup: portal.thewindwardschool.org/parentworkshops
- Social & Emotional Learning at Windward: portal.thewindwardschool.org/sel
- SpiritWear: thewindwardschool.org/spiritwear (this site is managed and updated by a third party)
- Windward Parents Association (WPA): thewindwardschool.org/wpa
The 2019-2020 Family Handbook is available for viewing and downloading in the myWindward Portal at portal.thewindwardschool.org/handbook. A printed version will be mailed home to current Windward families in late September.
The WPA sponsors many programs throughout the school year, including meetings, social events, and fund raisers. In addition, volunteer committees provide assistance to the school for various functions. Volunteering on one or more committees is a wonderful way to meet other parents, share ideas, and feel part of the Windward community. Some of the activities that the WPA sponsors include the Back-to-School Picnic, Faculty and Staff Appreciation Breakfasts and Holiday Luncheon, the book fair, and the Mentor Program for New Families. Windward’s SpiritWearsales, as well as proceeds from the book fair and class photos, help to support the activities of the WPA. To learn more about the WPA, please visit here.