Outplacement Planning Guide
Things to Consider When Leaving The Windward School
Type of School:
- Public School
- Independent day or boarding school
- Single sex or coed
- Location: urban, suburban, rural (boarding)
- Costs; Financial aid
Observations during your visit to a possible school for your child:
- Do the students seem happy, productive, engaged?
- Are students well supervised?
- How do the teachers interact with their students?
- Do you see your child fitting into the environment (academically, socially)?
- Does the atmosphere seem competitive? Nurturing?
- Does the school feel like a community?
- Are students interacting with teachers outside as well as inside the classroom?
- Is the school well maintained?
- Do the classrooms seem organized?
Questions to ask about the academic program
- What special services are available? (for example: extra time on tests)
- What are the requirements to qualify for support services?
- What are the qualifications of the support staff?
- What are the course requirements for your child?
- What is the foreign language requirement? Is there any flexibility in that requirement?
- Does the school provide adequate structure for your child?
- How often does the school communicate with parents?
- Does the school provide extra-curricular activities? What are they?