For applications to be considered for the 2017 - 2018 school year,
it is important for candidate families to apply during
the summer or early fall of 2016; however,
The Windward School accepts applications
throughout the calendar year.
- Criteria for admissions to The Windward School are the following:
- written diagnosis of a language-based learning disability
- average to superior intellectual potential
- no behavioral or emotional problems that would interfere with the instructional program
- The following information should be sent to the Admissions Office:
- an application and release form by parent(s) or legal guardian, allowing The Windward School to communicate with professionals who have worked with the prospective student
- a completed psychoeducational evaluation including a WISC IV with scaled scores or Stanford Binet 5th edition (given within the past two years)
- projective testing (Rorschach and/or any Apperception Test)
- FAQ’s about projective testing
- recent school reports (from parents’ files or current school)
- $50 non-refundable fee for processing the application
- After the application file is submitted with all of the above information, the Admissions Committee will review it.
- Some applicants are invited to visit the School, attending classes and meeting with a learning specialist. There is a $300 fee to screen each applicant.
- The Admissions Committee reviews the data within two weeks of the screening.
- Findings and recommendations are discussed at a parent conference.
- If admission is recommended, a contract is sent.
- If enrollment is not recommended, suggestions for other options are discussed at the parent conference.
Parents are welcome to attend an Information Session
at any time before or during the application process.
For an appointment or if you have any questions about the
application process or the fees associated with it,
please contact the Admissions Office.
Phone: (914) 949-6968 ext. 2225