The School is an independent, coeducational day school dedicated to providing an excellent instructional program for children with language-based learning disabilities. The multisensory curriculum is designed for students of average to superior intelligence who can benefit from the unique educational experience provided. Through direct instruction in small class settings, a trained staff assists students to improve their language skills. Academic success, combined with opportunities for social and emotional growth, enables students to understand their learning styles, build confidence, and develop self-advocacy skills. Windward is committed to helping students achieve their full potential in preparation for a successful return to the mainstream educational environment. To meet these goals, the School provides ongoing training to its faculty based on the most current research and also shares its expertise with the parent body, other educators, and the broader community.
A world where every child with a language-based learning disability is empowered to achieve unlimited success.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for promoting all aspects of The Windward Institute
· Serve as supervisor to Windward Institute Administrative Assistants; allocating work, conducting weekly meetings, providing feedback and completing annual reviews, etc.
· Lead creation, content, and editing for The WI brochure
· Liaison between WI and Windward faculty/staff
· Recruit and lead faculty (Windward and non-Windward educators) with IMSLEC certification and Continuing Education Units.
· Contribute to WI publications (The Beacon)
· Active role in the recruitment and retainment of all Windward Institute personnel
· Work in collaboration with Communications Department on the content, branding, and dispersing of Windward Institute materials, website, social media channels and other communications
· Further develop relationship with Haskins Laboratories to conduct research with leading research scientists and publish results
· Lead on in-school EEG lab project implementation and operation (with Haskins Laboratories)
· Lead organization for implementation of all WI offerings (courses, workshops, lectures)
· Participation as a member of The Haskins Global Literacy Hub
· Research and recruitment for potential WI speakers and presenters
· Organize and execute all behind the scenes work for Parent Seminars for Westchester and Manhattan
· Lead organization with Windward Institute team for Fall Community Lecture and Robert J Schwartz Memorial Lecture
· Plan, execute and expand Live Streaming of Windward Institute sessions and events.
· Maintain relationships and develop outreach to private/public schools as well as local colleges & universities
· Continuously explore options to expand outreach and offering of The Windward Institute, both locally and nationwide
· Liaison with WI presenters and instructors to provide specific resources as needed
· Gather, track and analyze WI statistical data
· Maintain WI Blackbaud database, email lists and WI Master event calendar.
· Must possess the ability to accurately maintain detailed database information while concurrently demonstrating an upbeat and outgoing nature.
· Experience working within a school setting is a plus, but not required. A graduate degree is preferred.
· Dedicated interest in exceptional customer service, friendly and professional interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, ability to take on multiple tasks and prioritize their execution accordingly
· Willingness to actively participate in a team setting, approachable demeanor, and comfort in an educational setting where the primary customer base ranges from small children to adults.
· Very strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Blackbaud and Raiser’s Edge experience a plus
· This position requires the flexibility to work additional hours, including occasional evenings and very infrequently weekends