On Wednesday, June 12, MMS eighth-grade students will enjoy a boat cruise. This is a WPA sponsored event. Please see the details in the email from Mary Valaika and return the R.S.V.P. form and payment to the front desk no later than Friday, May 17. Please also consider chaperoning the event and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review these important clarifications about this event.
- This event is sponsored and organized by the Windward Parents Association, not The Windward School. While students are expected to comply with the behavior standards outlined in the Student Values Contract, parents and guardians should be aware that Windward faculty will not be providing supervision of students at this event. The Windward School is not liable for anything occurring at the event or related to the event.
- The WPA has a scholarship fund to help students attend events. All inquiries concerning this fund are kept confidential. Please contact Alana Clemente-Glover at email@example.com.
- At this juncture, it is our intention to have one chaperone per every six students. We need our final numbers of students attending to finalize our chaperone list.
- There will also be two hired security guards (not Windward employees).
- As we are outside of school and this is a WPA-sponsored event, we cannot guarantee that students will be in a nut-free environment or exposed to other common allergens. If your child has an inhaler, it must accompany them on the trip.
- Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the foregoing, please contact Barbara O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise we hope you all have a wonderful cruise.
- Date - Wednesday, June 12 from 3:15 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Kids leave from the corner of 93rd Stand 3rd Ave by private bus at 3:15 p.m. (weather appropriate casual dress)
- 4 p.m. boat departs from Sky Port Marina at 2430 FDR Drive (East 23rd St.- waterside)
- Cruise time is 4 p.m.-8 p.m. on board "the Cosmo 1"- Empire Boat Cruises
- Pick up at 8:30 p.m. at 93rd and 3rd Ave. (depending on traffic)